The Physio Co: Keeping Australian Seniors Moving
Advice to keep your elderly Mum or Dad active through COVID-19.
Due to the coronavirus, self-isolation is a fact of life for many Australians right now.
At The Physio Co we worry that older people are at risk of health problems and complications if they stop excercise and being active.
Self-isolation or reduced planned activities does not mean that your elderly Mum or Dad needs to feel isolated nor stop being active. Our online and telephone physio support and exercise programs help both mentally and physically.
The Physio Co's caring physiotherapists for elderly people can answer your questions, provide practical advice and help with a personalised exercise program wherever you, your Mum or Dad lives - all done virtually via the telephone or internet!
Online Physiotherapy Consults
Choose an option that’s right for you.
Pre-consult health questionnaire
Education & Practical Advice via phone
Education & Practical Advice via video call
Personalised Home Exercise Program
Plenty of time for questions & answers
Extended assessment and advice on 1-2 ailments/conditions
Up to 50 mins
Assessment & advice on 1 ailment/condition
Up to 30 mins
Real-time advice to help your Mum or Dad
Up to 15 mins
Here’s the story of our client, Jennifer, who, with the help of her daughter and a TPC physio, improved her balance, confidence and walking with online physiotherapy consultations…
Jennifer’s online physio experience
Focus of online physio consultations for seniors
Physio consultations over the internet are more about helping you get the advice and support you need (and less about hands-on treatment – that happens when we see each other in-person).
- How can online physio help?Some of the common things our online consultations help with include:
- professional and practical advice to stay active and strong;
- advice and support to get through aged care facility closure and less activities;
- exercises and advice for when there is fewer in-person visits and daily exercise;
- another professional opinion on aches, pains & niggles that won’t go away;
- advice to help you, or someone you care for, to stay mobile, active and independent for as long as possible.
We’re excited about helping you and/or someone you care for!
- If you’d like to book an online consultation with The Physio Co, our caring and experienced team will:
- ask you to fill out an online form to get to know you a little & make sure an online consultation will suit;
- guide you through how we work together, how online consultations work, how to prepare for the consultation and then book your first appointment;
- a physiotherapist will then visit you via a video call for your first appointment;
- the physio will listen closely to what pain and/or health problems that are troubling you;
- they will then complete an assessment of your injury and /or what’s causing the problem/s.
- after the assessment, the physio will create a one-page plan to achieve your health goals**;
- once we have agreed on the the plan, your physio will guide you through exercises and / or recommendations to get the best results.
**If you’d like, we can share your goal plan with your family and/or doctor so we all work together on helping you smash your goals
What are the system requirements?We use an internet browser-based way of connecting for our online consults which is super easy to use. In your appointment confirmation email we’ll send you a hyperlink that you will click on to join your physio in the online consult room. That’s right – no downloads and nothing to install! To have a good video consultation you’ll need:
- A strong and reliable internet connection
- A device with a microphone & speakers – these are built into most computers and tablet devices so nothing too fancy needed here.
- A Video Camera – This will likely be inbuilt into your device. If not, you could easily attach a webcam via a USB cable
- Browsers & devices you can use: Google Chrome (PCs, Macs & Android devices), Mozilla Firefox (PCs, Macs & Android devices) and Safari (Macs, iPhones & iPads)
Many elderly Australians are self-isolating due to the greater threat that the coronavirus presents to this segment of our population. Self-isolation often results in less activity and not doing any exercise. This can result in depression, isolation and increased anxiety and worry. Keeping active and doing regular exercise and the ongoing contact with the friendly support from The Physio Co helps our elderly parents mentally and also importantly exercise is belived to help the immune system.