The Physio Co – Supported, flexible physiotherapist jobs.
Join our Team
Home / Join our Team
Come and join the TPC team
The Physio Co exists to help seniors stay mobile, safe & happy – wherever they call home.
At The Physio Co we are passionate about developing and maintaining a positive and connected team culture. Every day we connect as a team and grow together as a company.
Your opportunity to join ‘one of Australia’s Best Places to Work.’
TPC has been ranked as one of Australia’s Best Places to Work for 11 consecutive years (plus five years as one of Asia’s Best Workplaces).
Awards like these are great, but it doesn’t stop there.
Building a team culture where people want to come to work is something we are focused on every day. We know that when our team is happy, our clients are happy to!
And you, too, could be part of our award-winning team.
The Physio Co exists for one reason: To help seniors stay mobile, safe & happy.
Every day we improve the quality of life for thousands of seniors and help put a little bit of extraordinary in their everyday life. In order to do this, we need great physios who love to learn and grow, and who are ready to take on a new challenge each day.
Achieve memorable results for clients
Our team helps senior clients identify and achieve memorable results through individualised goal plans.
We don’t take the ‘one size fits all’ approach. Each client is given the opportunity to dream big so they can start to do more, be more and take on each day with more energy.
We help seniors in their own homes, retirement villages, and in aged care facilities, either one-to-one or one-to-many, online or offline.
What is a TPCer?
- has a positive attitude and loves to build rapport with their clients
- is memorable and makes people smile with their personal approach to care
- has a passion to help seniors set and smash their health goals
- loves to ‘think outside the box’ while providing gold-standard therapies
- wants to learn and challenge themselves each day
- is clear in their communication and is happy to work autonomously with the support of a team
- loves to work with a close-knit team and be part of a great workplace culture
- is passionate about helping TPC bring its vision to life.
When you join the TPC family, you become part of a supportive team that connects daily, but also allows flexibility and autonomy so you can manage your own caseload. As you can imagine, our seniors are often complex and diverse, so you can rest assured your day will be varied and you will continue to develop as a Physio. The best part though, is that you will get to meet and develop relationships with not only our amazing clients but also their families, carers and other allied health involved in their care.
A day in the life of a TPCer
- treating clients within their own homes
- running group exercise classes within a retirement village
- developing individualised treatment plans
- liaising with care managers and/or families
- travelling to and from clients within your allocated region.
Training and support
At TPC, we realise how important it is that your learning does not stop. Rest assured, we will never throw you into the deep end without support. It’s on us to ensure you have the right tools to become a great TPCer and an effective physio in the community!
We’ve developed a very structured onboarding process for our new physios:
- A welcome day in which we celebrate YOU! We don’t just have a delicious lunch in your honour, we also train you on everything you need to know about TPC and the systems we use
- Two weeks of shadowing another TPCer until you are comfortable to see clients independently
- Your own TPC buddy – a mentor who will provide you with the support and guidance required to successfully launch your TPC career.
- One training session per week, over 10 weeks, with our TPC coach that is focused on becoming an expert in ageing and how to become the best TPCer you can be
- A small caseload of clients with a range of conditions to challenge your learning, growing this as you feel more confident.
- You will have a dedicated team leader who will be there to help support you and ensure you are LOVING your work every day and continuing to develop your skills both personally and professionally.
- Weekly/fortnightly coaching sessions with our wonderful TPC coaches to help build on your skills.
- Monthly whole company meetings which include professional development on topics that are both clinical and non-clinical.
- TPC Annual SWARM – A full day of interactive professional development with the whole TPC family.
- Subsidy support for any external training you would like to attend.
- On demand educational resources on our internal website.
Connections and culture
- daily phone huddles among teams in which we celebrate personal/professional wins, discuss roadblocks and share stories from the day (these huddles also include fun little icebreakers amongst the teams)
- weekly team catch-ups which includes professional development
- monthly social team catch-ups
- annual birthday parties
annual Christmas parties
- TPC SWARM- an all-in team event once a year in which we get together for learning and awards
- MVP program in which we recognise and nominate those team members who perfectly live our core values.
- We are care about you – Access to our free, confidential employee assistance program that is designed to support your emotional, mental and general well-being
TPC is focused on, and committed to, helping you grow to become the best physio you can be. We will regularly check in to see how you are going with a view to better understanding the areas you would like to develop further in. We will listen, provide feedback and help create a development path based on these conversations with you.
We have many clinical and non-clinical roles to progress through, depending on your passions, skills and abilities. Your first year at The Physio Co is about learning ‘the TPC way’ and to develop the skills needed to become a caring community physio.
By the end of the year, your team leader will sit down with you to discuss future directions in your development. Our physios have branched out into many areas including:
- developing their skills in non-clinical areas such as recruitment, marketing and client support
- developing into team leaders
- developing into coaches
- developing skills in new initiatives at TPC such as online exercise classes
We’re a growing company with big plans and as such, we’re keen to work with our team members to ensure they have plenty of opportunities to progress their career.
The Physio Co’s future
The Physio Co is committed to growing, improving and becoming the best version of itself as a people-focused business. One way we do that is by being brave enough to decide what our future will look like and then working hard to bring that vision to life.
For example: The Physio Co has a big (and scary!) long-term goal that we call our ‘10-Year Obsession’.
That is, over 10 years – from January 1, 2019, to December 31, 2028, we will help our senior clients set and achieve 2,028,000 meaningful health goals!
10 Years is a very long time and so the leaders here at The Physio Co create a shorter, 3-year vision (we call it our ‘Painted Picture’) which serves as a stepping stone to achieving our 10-Year Obsession.
PS – As of early 2022, there’s a new view of our future: TPC’s Painted Picture of 2024.
How to apply
Look at the areas we are currently hiring right here and call Jess or Maddy on 1300 797 793 or alternatively please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Don’t forget to make it memorable 🙂
Wondering what our recruitment process looks like? We have a 4 stage process, just to ensure this role is the right fit for you, and for us too!
- A chat over Zoom to get to know you better and for you to get to know The Physio Co better.
- If you think TPC is a great fit for you and we agree, we then conduct reference checks (ideally 2-3)
- We then have a final interview with you which will take an hour. The first half an hour you will be over Zoom with your potential team leader to discuss the role, for you to ask any clinical questions you may have and to learn more about what a typical day would look like for you. The second half hour will be a final interview with your potential team leader and Jess or Maddy from our recruitment team. This final interview is to ask a few final questions and to ensure you have all the information you need regarding the role.
- The stage in which we let you know if you are our next TPCer!
We do not like to drag our recruitment process out and try to fit these stages within a week or two.
We look forward to hearing from you and taking you through our TPC recruitment process.
Just like when working with the general population, there is a large variety in abilities when working with seniors. We focus on what is important to our clients and set our goals around this, whether it’s something they are currently doing that they would like to maintain, or it’s something they are striving for. If it’s important to our clients, it’s important to us! It may seem like a small thing to us, but to our seniors the ability to maintain their independence in toileting or washing their own hair is massive. That being said, we also have some amazing stories in which our seniors have been told they could not walk again and after extensive physio, can walk around their retirement village with their grandchildren. This is what makes working with seniors so rewarding!
If you’d like to gain a better insight into some of the goals our clients have achieved, check out our articles tab to see our seniors in action right here.
Our working days are from 8-5pm, Monday to Friday. No weekends!
10 Year Obsession
Meaningful Health Goals
The Physio Co has a big, and scary long-term goal that we call our 10 Year Obsession.
That is, over 10 years, from 1 January 2019 to 31 December 2028, we will help our senior clients set and achieve 2,028,000 meaningful health goals! At this early stage, the number of meaningful client health goals that have been set and smashed is: