If knee pain is stopping you from doing what you love, you might be preparing for a total knee replacement (TKR).
A total knee replacement is an operation that can reduce pain and improve independence. It replaces the old worn-out bone with an artificial implant to help restore knee function.
While everyone is different, the majority of people will undergo this procedure after other treatments have failed to manage their pain.
Total knee replacements happen all the time.
You won’t be alone through this journey. You will have a team of experts to help you on your way and that can include a caring member of our team at The Physio Co.
In the meantime, download this PDF e-book (see link below) so you can better understand:
- The reasons for getting a total knee replacement
- How to get ready for a TKR procedure
- What a TKR operation involves
- What to expect following surgery
- How to work with your physio before and after the procedure