If your elderly Mum or Dad has been in hospital, getting them moving again is vital for their confidence, independence, long-term health and well-being.
Loving support and encouragement from you at this time is critical. Your input will make returning to their previous activity levels that much easier — and there’s lots you can do.
That’s why we’ve created this practical 5-step guide to helping your elderly parents get moving again at home after a stay in hospital.
In this guide, you’ll discover:
- How the first few days are critical after leaving hospital.
- The importance of nutrition for recovery.
- Understanding the role of pain medication in rehabilitation.
- Choosing the right furniture to encourage movement.
- Goal setting for motivation.
- The importance of expert advice on physical rehab to avoid long term complications and optimise recovery.
Discover how The Physio Co can help your Mum or Dad get back on their feet after hospital. Find out more … all 1300 797 793 today.