Following the COVID-19 pandemic, many Aussie seniors have grown in confidence and competence using technology – particularly Zoom!
Meetings, celebrations and learning all had to adjust to an online format in some way. This has given many of us the ‘crash course’ in Zoom that we needed to feel comfortable and probably feels close to the 10,000 hours mastery level for some!
What about staying active?
Today, online exercise classes (or “virtual” exercise classes as they’re sometimes called) are on the rise, given the growing confidence in using online platforms and the convenience of simply jumping online rather than travelling to a gym.
Online classes are an effective and simple solution to keep exercising, without disruptions and in the comfort of your own home.
Now more than ever, it is important to find ways to stay active, keep exercising, and ensure we make our health and well-being a priority.
Did you know The Physio Co offers online exercise classes for seniors?
If you have never experienced exercising via online means, now is the time to get into the swing of things and give it a go! We’ve made your first class free so you can safely see if it’s right for you.
Did you know you can purchase a pack of classes as a gift?
Why not give the gift of good health to a loved one? An exercise class is a perfect activity to do with somebody else, keeping each other on track and having a bit of fun along the way.
Here are 5 facts about The Physio Co’s online exercise classes:
- The classes are convenient & accessible: No matter where you are in Australia, you can attend an online exercise class, from the comfort of your own home! You don’t have to leave the house and you can exercise in a comfortable environment set up to your liking. It’s super time-efficient as well because once you’ve finished your exercise class, you can head straight to hanging out your laundry, making your lunch or stepping out to the backyard to finish off some gardening. No extra time spent getting to and from a location!
- The classes are led by a qualified physiotherapist: Our online exercise classes are all led by a qualified physiotherapist that specialises in seniors’ health. This means that if you have any particular conditions or musculoskeletal issues, the physio can demonstrate an alternative exercise for you and keep an eye on how you’re going.
- You still exercise as a group: Many of us are motivated by other people, and online exercise classes still maintain that group environment. The Physio Co uses the popular (and easy to use) Zoom video conferencing platform for exercise classes, so you can still see, hear and talk to one another as if you were all physically in the same room!
- Cost-effective: Online exercise classes are cheaper than in-person classes as there are no travel costs for the physiotherapist. No travel, no extra time involved, time efficient and cost-effective for everyone!
- It’s very simple to get involved: The Physio Co’s online exercise classes are run on Zoom, which is an easy platform for anyone to use. We have a support team to guide you through if you’ve never used Zoom before, and all you need is a device with an internet connection. Devices can be iPads, computers, laptops, or even just your mobile phone.
Online exercise classes can also serve as an effective adjunct to your physiotherapy program.
If you are interested in giving online exercise classes a go, click here to register for your first class completely free!
If you are reading this and feel like your elderly Mum or Dad might be benefit from some additional exercise, please share this information with them. At The Physio Co, embracing technology is one way we can keep helping seniors stay mobile, safe and happy!
We hope you join us online soon!
Article written by Kathy Soo & Emily Johnson (TPC physiotherapists – Sydney)